Cruiser Yoga (Crawling – 24 months)
An interactive yoga class between caregiver and child, this fun class is a fabulous bonding experience which gets kids and parents active and introduces children to key ideas in yoga.
The class develops key skills in
- listening and following instructions, including visual and verbal cues,
- mind-body awareness and connection, developing co-ordination, balance and fine and gross motor skills,
- physical strength, flexibility and fitness
- confidence in themselves, individuality, empathy and positive associations with their body
- language development as well as a sense of rhythm, movement and dynamics
- ability to feel calm, experience relaxation and eventually to be able to draw on these techniques to self-soothe and manage emotions into later childhood and adulthood.
Parents are invited to join in or simply watch their child enjoy a class which keeps yoga fun by adding narrative, characters and ideas that children will enjoy. See more in the video below.