An interactive yoga class between caregiver and child, this fun class is a fabulous bonding experience which gets kids and parents active and introduces children to key ideas in yoga.
Aimed at crawlers to pre-schoolers, the class helps children develops key skills in
- listening and following instructions, including visual and verbal cues,
- mind-body awareness and connection, developing co-ordination, balance and fine and gross motor skills,
- physical strength, flexibility and fitness
- confidence in themselves, individuality, empathy and positive associations with their body
- language development as well as a sense of rhythm, movement and dynamics
- ability to feel calm, experience relaxation and eventually to be able to draw on these techniques to self-soothe and manage emotions into later childhood and adulthood.
This class is also ideal for grown-ups who wish to have a stretch out of aching muscles while building strength and muscle tone, improving posture, and enjoying relaxation with your child or children. It is a beautiful way to bond as a family!
Take a peek at the video below to see some of the practices we do in Mummy and Movers Yoga.