Fully interactive yoga between Mum and Baby, these classes are a flowing mix of body and brain developing movements for babies, healing yoga for mums, and relaxation for both, allowing you to bond and have fun with your baby.
***All classes are currently online but usual venue details have been left here for your information***
Postnatal Mum & Baby Yoga – Mondays 11am-12pm
LB Healthcare, Gull Coppice, Whiteley, Fareham, Portsmouth, PO15 7LS
Uniquely, these classes have abundant benefit for both Mum and Baby. Yoga is a beautiful way to heal physically and emotionally, and to find a special space to re-balance your body, and connect with your breath, yourself and so importantly, your baby.
- Helps you to heal after birth, physically (and emotionally, if birth wasn’t as expected)
- Improves mood and reduces anxiety
- Helps you find relief from shoulder, neck and back pain
- Improves muscular tone, strength and suppleness
- Helps you regain core strength and pelvic floor health in a safe way
- Teaches you methods to settle your baby and promotes communication between you
- Allows you focused time to celebrate your new baby and nurture the beautiful bond you share
- Get tips for surviving and enjoying the special yet challenging postnatal period and meet other local new mums. Many great friendships have been forged in Mama2shape classes!
- Strengthens their body
- Improves digestion and relieves colic
- Works on babies’ motor skills and contributes to babies’ progression from reflex to voluntary movements
- Soothes and stimulates babies’ senses
- Touch, movement and rhythm contributes to brain, visual and nervous system development
- Helps settle babies and improve their sleep patterns
- Helps babies feel calm and relaxed, laying the neurological foundations for healthy self-regulation, increasing babies’ ability to cope with future challenges
- Gives them pleasure, laughter and fun
- Social time after class while Mums chat (with plenty of lovely toys!)
Baby yoga classes are generally suitable from 6 weeks old – crawling, though some exceptions may apply. Please get in touch with any questions!