Prenatal, Postnatal and Baby Yoga
Mama2shape Pregnancy Yoga, Baby and Mum Postnatal Yoga, and YogaShapes Baby Yoga classes are taught by Kat Frost. Kat has practised yoga since she was in her early teens and has been teaching yoga for ten years, completing her initial Teacher Training course in 2006 and setting up Yoga2shape in 2008.
Kat was inspired to become a qualified Pregnancy Yoga teacher in order to ensure that pregnant students joining her classes were practising safe and effective yoga, and it was then a natural progression for Kat to train to teach Postnatal, Mum and Baby and Family yoga. After teaching Pregnancy and Postnatal yoga and Pilates classes alongside her regular classes for 6 years, Kat set up Mama2shape in 2017 following the birth of her first child as a specialised provider of education and support for prenatal and postnatal women, covering birth preparation, antenatal education, hypno-birthing, pregnancy yoga, postnatal mum and baby yoga and emotional support for women.
Kat holds the following relevant qualifications
- ISHTA System Yoga Teacher Training, Rachel Zinman, Byron Bay, Australia, 2006
- ISHTA System Advanced Adjustments, Rachel Zinman, Byron Bay, Australia, 2007
- Teaching Yoga to Children, Yoga Campus, London, UK, 2008
- Teaching Pregnancy Yoga, Yoga Campus, London, UK, 2008
- Pilates, FutureFit Training, Southampton, UK, 2010
- Teaching Postnatal, Baby and Family Yoga, Yoga Campus, London, UK, 2011
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education, University of Brighton, Brighton, UK, 2016
Kat has a clear and sensitive teaching style and ensures that all members of the class are getting the most out of their yoga class. As a highly experienced yoga teacher, she is able to adjust class content to meet the specific needs of students.
Jelena trained at The Academy of Infant Massage and Yoga To Baby and Beyond, whose course is accredited by the IPTI, RCM, IICT and the CPD Standards Office.
You can read more about Jelena in the blog post Meet our Baby Massage Instructor.