Postnatal Mum & Baby Yoga: Benefits for Mamas…
- Helps you to heal after birth, physically (and emotionally, if birth wasn’t as expected)
- Improves mood and reduces anxiety
- Helps you find relief from shoulder, neck and back pain
- Improves muscular tone, strength and suppleness
- Helps you regain core strength and pelvic floor health in a safe way
- Teaches you methods to settle your baby and promotes communication between you
- Allows you focused time to celebrate your new baby and nurture the beautiful bond you share
- Get tips for surviving and enjoying the special, yet challenging postnatal period!
Postnatal Mum & Baby Yoga: Benefits for Babies…
- Strengthens their body
- Improves digestion and relieves colic
- Works on babies’ motor skills and contributes to babies’ progression from reflex to voluntary movements
- Soothes and stimulates babies’ senses
- Touch, movement and rhythm promotes to brain, visual and nervous system development
- Helps settle babies and improve their sleep patterns
- Helps babies feel calm and relaxed, laying the neurological foundations for healthy self-regulation, increasing babies’ ability to cope with future challenges
- Gives them pleasure, laughter and fun
Mama2shape Postnatal Mum & Baby Yoga classes are a flowing mix of fully interactive yoga between mama and baby, baby yoga, and strengthening postnatal safe yoga for Mamas.
The classes are fun, relaxing, give you a good stretch, help improve the health of your pelvic floor, and build strength in your entire body.
There are always lots of smiles and giggles from babies, and classes are suitable from when your baby is six weeks old and over. The upper age range is open, and it is down to your personal preference. As you can imagine, crawlers are more wiggly. In my experience, they are very engaged with the activities and they are welcome in class.
Please also remember that babies are unpredictable, and if your baby is not smiling and giggling, but is on the grumpy side instead, it is no problem at all! You are always free to feed or cuddle your baby, stand up and move around the space with them, and pop in and out the class as you need to.
Uniquely, Mama2shape Postnatal Mum & Baby Yoga classes have abundant benefit for both Mum and Baby.
Yoga is a beautiful way to heal physically and emotionally, and to find a special space to re-balance your body, and connect with your breath, yourself and so importantly, your baby.